Saturday, September 10, 2011

Warm to Warmer - Friday

On the trip here I often asked myself, why on earth are you on you way to Africa? All I can tell you is that after our warm welcome late Thursday night I knew that God had a reason.

I missed breakfast Friday morning as I hurried to get my recording equipment unpacked and then packed again for the day. When we arrived Thursday night the electricity was out in the area where our hotel was located and we settled in by candle light and flashlight. We hopped into our van and started out for Daniel A's church/school and I am very glad that I wasn't driving. The streets are full of people, cars, and motor scooters not to mention that they are driving on the wrong side of the rode! We turned off the main road and hit dirt almost immediately and drove on a deeply rutted dirt road for another hour or more. On the way to the church/school We met Pastor Daniel who gave us a tour of the sewing school that he opened, his new brick making business, and his wood working business (I was told that he has others working these businesses to generate money for the church/school as well as the workers).


 
When we arrived at the school/church the children were waiting for us and lined up to give us a warm song and dance greeting Ugandan style.


We spent the bulk of the day with the children who soaked every ounce of love we were willing to give.




This next picture shows you the main church/school structure built by Pastor Daniel A (Ugandan's use simple American names for our benefit). The land was purchased by a generous gift from Say Yes International.

The evening was devoted to a bible study by Virgil Ricks followed by prayer for the sick. Many came forward for prayer and all were healed by the power of God in this simple place.



After a long bumpy ride back to our hotel we all crashed with thankfulness in our hearts that we were given the opportunity to visit our friends in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment