Saturday, September 17, 2011

God's glory and power(:

                                                                                                                   September 13th/2011
          Today we got to see Charlotte at breakfast. She is such a sweet lady!!   Later that day, we followed Pastor Jonah into the bush. Now I know that sounds weired, but its the Pastors that have churches in the country. It was heartbreaking to see all 12 pastors living in a little hut built of mud and cow manure, seeing the churches built of medal slates with holes and wood. Seeing one Pastor where she had tarp for her church. But God has giving an abundant joy that fills the Pastors!

                                                                                                                     September 14th/2011
       Today it was time to move on to a different part of Uganda. When our team went to breakfast, we met Charlotte, a women Jessica and I met one night. She was like a grandmother to me! Once I finished breakfast, I walked to the room and wrote Charlotte a letter to remind her we weren't going to forget her and to give her our email addresses to keep in contact. In the letter I told her she was like an adopted grandmother and that we loved her so much. She cried when she received the letter. She also gave us her business card and her phone number. She is so cute. Another women Jessica and I loved was the hostess. Her name was Joan. She is the sweetest lady. When Jessica and I were sick, she became our temporary mother. She came and checked on us often. God bless her and her family!!

     This is the day we went to see Pastor Hudson, and his wife, Mercy. We didn't arrive until dinner, but had a meal already ready for us. Mercy is such a great cook!!! After enjoying her meal we headed to Hudson's church. We got to hear Kevin Hall and Ashley Robinson teach the word of God. Ashley called all who need healing up to the front of the stage to get prayed for by the team, and about 89% of the group came forward. Before the group split up and spread out through the people, Ashley prayed for open ears to hear. Jessica and I looked up at the same person when Ashley said I feel like there is some demons here tonight. Once we started praying for the people, Jessica laid hands on the woman which was now flailing her arms and jumping up and down in pain. I was thinking if I should go and pray with Jessica or let her handle it on her own (at the time I didn't know she was manifested by a demon.) So I decided to let Jessica pray on her own. After about 5 or so minutes, Jessica pulled me by the hand and told me to pray over this woman, who was still shaking her arms. I went to go lay my hand on her, but when I did, I could feel pulses run up my arm and I could hear the demons talking. Automatically my stomach started to hurt, and my head throbbed, so I removed my hand from her. But then God reminded me that, "Satan can only do what I allow him to do." So from then on I laid hands on her and prayed out loud. At the peak of my praying God to cast out the demon, the woman tried to hit me. It scared me at first but then she calmed down suddenly. It was the strangest thing. We didn't realize at the moment that there were still demons within her, so we stopped praying for her and gave her a hug. But later that night we just were talking in the hotel room and remembered her eyes, how that they weren't clear. How there was no emotion. But God used Jessica and I to stir the water so someone later can come and finish the job that God had started in us.
                 Right now it in September17th and in Uganda it is 9:36 pm and it has been a long day. Tomorrow I will write again telling you about the Nile, the Hospital, and today was the Widows. God bless!!             Love,   Shailynn Miller(:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment