Sunday, September 11, 2011

Phil. 4:13!

Hi everyone,
Its Shailynn Miller, and I just wanted to update you on the last 3 days. The 8th (in Uganda)  was our first full day of mission work. The first thing we did to start off our day, was meeting Pastor Daniel A. at his wifes sewing shop. When the adults were watching and talking to the sowers, Jessica and I were handing out candy. I have no idea how we had so much candy for all the kids. If you want to hand out candy over in Uganda... you must be prepared for all the kids to tell friends and familys, "the Muzugus have sweeties, the Muzugus have sweeties!!" (Muzugu means white people, and sweeties are candy.) After talking and handing out candy, Daniel took us to his brick company. We followed Daniel down to where he burns bricks as his final stage of making bricks to sell. We handed out "sweeties" to the kids and the workers also. Who thought that the adults are that crazy about candy as the kids are!! We finished up seeing Daniel bricks and left for his school. When we got to his school, all the kids sang and danced for us and gave us a hand picked boquet. Our team spread out through out the school and just played and talked with the kids. I met SO many friends that I really connected to! But 1 girl I REALLY loved this 1 girl named Fieonah. She is a blessing from God. I got to talk about her relationship with God and how to keep in touch throughout the school year. God is working miracles in my life.
         After leaving the school to rest at the hotel, we went back so Virgil Ricks could give a message. What an amazing man of God. Virgil and his wife, Joy, are the most amazing people. Once Virgil was done with the message he called a woman from our team, Ashley, up on the stage to pray for people with back pain to get touched by the hand of God. God did miracles in front of my eyes!! God healed all of the people with back pain!! Amen. Our whole team went to the stage to pray for people to get saved and healed. This the first time God has used me to heal some one!!! God is good!!!!!!
        On Sep. 10, we started the day with going to Hope Orphanage. God really convicted me that my life is SO GOOD but all I do is complain with what I dont have. The kids at the orphanage don't have anything except some ripped clothes and a bed. The moment I steped out of the van the stench filled my nose and shocked me. But once I got over the smell, God used me to reach out the kids in their own unique way.(: Jessica and I met a girl named Harriot. She is so sweet, she has the heart of gold, and another girl named Grace. She is a sweetie to! From the orphanage, we headed to the graduation at Daniel A's school. Things where going well till I ate some of the beans they cooked. The beans, on top of the Malaria medicine,the heat, and all the emotions that were going through my head, just pushed me over the edge. I just burst into tears and almost lost my dinner. But God held my hand every step of the way. When a woman from my team named Sandy, and I were sitting on a rock waiting for my stomach to calm, Fionah came and just sat with me and was always there for me. She is the sweetest girl in the world!! When it was time to leave, I looked out my window to see Fionah looking through the window, tears running down her face, not knowing if she would ever see me again. I couldn't take it. I almost jumped out of the car, not remembering I was still sick, and gave her the longest hug. I will never forget her sweet face.
        Today is a new day!!! Today is the day that we are going to speak in Jonah's churches. Jessica and I were sent to the childeren's church in the slums, while the others were sent to speak at different churches. We shared Gods love with the children, but had to leave early with Joy and Moses ( a pastor) to get Jessica and my hair plated!! It took 3 and 1/2 hr to plate my hair, but it took 4 and 1/2 hrs to plate Jessicas. Would love to share more but time to get some rest. I will send pictures tomorrow!!

God  bless!!!
                      
          Shailynn

No comments:

Post a Comment