Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lugazi

We left the capital city of Kampala yesterday morning to travel east and stopped in Lugazi to see Pastor Hudson and meet his family and church. We were warmly greeted by Pastor Hudson and his wife and walked into the door of his rented home to a Ugandan feast. I think we licked the plates clean.


We did not come empty handed and gave them a few small gifts. Before coming I thought about what to give a pastor in Africa? I decided to give them the word of God as taught by pastors I highly respect. I filled 16GBs on each MP3 player with the through the Bible teachings of Pastor Chuck Smith and Pastor Jon Courson,  The next picture shows me explaining how to use the MP3 players to two very thankful pastors; Pastor Hudson and Pastor Daniel.


Evening service: Because we were in town, Pastor Hudson held a special service to let his visitors from America preach to his congregation. Tonight Virgil, Kevin, and Ashley spoke to the congregation followed by a prayer session for the sick of body and soul.

Ugandan worship is lively and uninhibited, allowing for individual expression. They almost have me dancing in place along with the worship team and congregation. I am finding it increasingly more difficult to stand still behind the camera. During the preaching and teaching portion of the service, a Ugandan-English interpretor stands next to the speaker to translate. The next video clip gives you a slight glimpse into the evening worship and preaching service as Pastor Hudson welcomes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment