Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Its gone by to fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                                                                            September 16th, 2011
 Hospital

      Hello everyone! Its Shailynn and I just wanted to share about my day on the 16th. Today we went to the hospital. I thought that I would be serving food to all the patients and their families, but God had something different for me. In the morning we drove to Pastor Moses and Betty's church. From there, we headed off to the hospital. Moses split us into 2 groups and sent one off to the men's ward and the maternity ward, and one to the women's ward. I was in the group to go to the men and maternity wards. In my group were Ashley, Virgil, and some other people I didn't know. It was very hard to keep the tears from running down my face. At the beginning of praying for people, I just stuck with Ashley and prayed with her. But when the Holy Spirit told me to step out of my comfort zone, I obeyed. Turns out it wasn't as scary as I imagined it would be.(: But I know that God held my hand the whole time. In the US people take for granted all we have. God healed that day for sure!!!!!
   
                                                                                                                            September 17th, 2011 Widows

       Today was widows day. To start off our day, we listened to Kevin Hall and Joy Ricks speak to all the widows ( around 275). After listening to them speak for a long time, Jessica and I went outside to get some fresh air. We met some little boys. Their names were George, Trever, Dennis, and the 4th boy didn't know his name so we named him Bob. George and Trever are in 4th grade, Bob is in 3rd, and Dennis is in 2nd. Jessica and I really became attached to these boys!!! We gave Trever and George each a pocket bible of the new testament. They will be preachers!!!!!!!!!!  I will miss them very much!!

                                                                                                                           September 18th, 2011
  School

        The 2 weeks have gone by so quickly!!! In the morning we had a team meeting and we talked about what we were going to do today. Sandy, Joy and Betty are going back to the hospital in the morning, Kevin, Ashley and Mark are going to a school, and Jessica, Virgil, Moses, Daniel, and I are going shopping for a mattress and blanket for Daniel's mom. On the way I found some gifts for my family. We got to give the mattress and blanket to Daniel's mom. She was so thankful. After that we went to the church to meet up with every one. Ashley, Mark, Jessica and I went off to a high school, while everyone else went to the prison. God moved at the high school and also at the prison!! God is a good God!!!! We got finished at around 5'oclock so we headed back to the hotel just in time to scramble inside while the wind was blowing furiously. We waited, and waited, and waited for the rest of the team to come back so we could go over to Moses's house to eat dinner, but they didn't show up till around 7:00. They came and got us and we went to go have dinner. The food was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could eat the food we had every night. After saying goodnight to everyone we went back to the hotel and packed up all our stuff for the next day.

                                                                                                                September 19, 2011
 To much sitting!!!!!

        To start off our day we were in the car. We drove to Moses's house to pick Moses and Betty up. Our van only fits 10 and we were trying to fit 11. So what we did for the 11th seat was we stacked 2 water bottle boxes up and Jessica and I sat on that. It was cramped, but we made it. After stopping to see 2 of Betty's children at boarding schools, we went back to Kampala to the Ivory Hotel. We ate then the Halls said their goodbyes to everyone as they left to Rwanda to see their sponsored child. Betty's other son and daughter came to spent the evening with us. That's all I have to write right now but God bless you and thanks for reading!!!(:

                                         -Shailynn
      
                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Shailynn. I appreciate all the bloggs and all the wonderful work God is using you to do. Blessings and we are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete